ABOUT THE ARTIST
Jory’s work has been showcased in “Strokes of Genius 8: Exploring Texture!” by North Light Books.
She teaches painting classes at the Plymouth Center for the Arts, and enjoys giving demonstrations. Jory is an experienced juror of awards. She has been an art director for many years and is now focusing on her painting.
Jory attended L’Instituto D’Arte in Pietrasanta Italy where she had her first solo exhibition. It was completely sold out. She went on to study fine arts at the University of Iowa and then at the New England School of Art & Design.
Over 30 years ago she attended her first pastel workshop with Master Pastellist, Albert Handell and fell in love with the medium. She has since enjoyed studying with Liz Haywood Sullivan, Sally Strand, Dawn Emerson, Alain Picard and Rob Liberace.
EXHIBITIONS AND AWARDS
• Southeastern Pastel Society 18th International Juried Exhibition, Atlanta GA , People’s Choice Award and Merit Award, 2018
• International Association of Pastel Societies Online Exhibition, 2018
• Duxbury Art Complex Museum, Winter Juried Show, 2nd place, 2018
• UART Online Pastel Competition 2018 and 2017
• Pure Color, PSNC Online International Juried Exhibition of Pastel Paintings, 2017
• “Viewpoints” solo exhibition at Helen Bumpus Gallery, Duxbury MA, Oct. 28 – Jan. 2017
• CT Pastel Society, Renaissance in Pastel, Wholesale Frame Award, 2016
• Duxbury Art Association, Midsummer Art Show 1st place, 2016
• Plymouth Center for the Arts, Winter Show, 1st Place & 49th Annual, 2nd place
• Pastel Painters Society of Cape Cod, FPO, Pastel Society of NH Award, 2016
• North River Arts Society Festival/Arts, Marian Atkinson Pastel Award, 2016 & 2013
• 28th International Association of Pastel Societies Juried Exhibition, NYC, 2016
• Cape Cod Art Association, All Cape Cod, 1st place pastel, and Lazy Days of Summer, 1st place pastel, 2015
• International Association of Pastel Societies, 26th Exhibition, Albuquerque, NM, 2015
• Duxbury Art Complex Museum, Winter Juried show, 2015
• Massasoit Arts Festival, 3rd place, pastel, 2015
• Pastel Painter’s Society of Cape Cod, Annual Members Show, Best of Show, 2014
• Solo Exhibition of 33 paintings, Ventress Gallery, Marshfield MA, 2014
• International Association of Pastel Societies 24th exhibition, Vose Gallery, Boston, 2014
• South Shore Arts Center Art Festival, Second Place, pastel, 2014
• Pastel Painter’s Society of Cape Cod, Duxbury Art Complex Museum, 2013
• Pastel Society of America (Juried Associate Member)
• Pastel Painter’s Society of Cape Cod (Signature Committee Member, Signature Member, and Juror of Awards)
• Cape Cod Art Association (Juried Artist Member)
• Plymouth Center for the Arts (Russel Gallery Artist and Juror of Awards, 2017)
• The Guild of Boston Artists, Associate Member
To view Jory’s graphic design work, please go to JoryMason.com